Ocasia logo

Olympic Games News

Poll shows over 70 per cent of Japanese ‘interested’ in Tokyo 2020

Date : 15 Jan 2020

Tokyo, Japan, January 15, 2020: The latest polling shows that over 70 per cent of the Japanese public is interested in the 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games, up 5 per cent from a survey taken last August.

The poll, released by Japan's national broadcaster NHK on Wednesday, suggested that 31 per cent of respondents were "very much interested" in the Games and 42 per cent were "somewhat interested," meaning that overall 73 per cent were interested in the events to kick off on July 24.

It also showed that 16 per cent were "not very interested” and only 5 per cent were "not interested at all."

The public opinion poll was conducted for three days from January 11 by NHK, which called men and women aged 18 and over nationwide on random numbers on landline and mobile phones.

A total of 2,216 people were surveyed, with 55 per cent or 1,221 people responding.

Source: www.xinhuanet.com

PHOTOS

SEND TO A FRIEND (E-MAIL THIS STORY TO A FRIEND)


Any personal data submitted will not be used for any direct marketing or unsolicited follow-up.